- Drought Restrictions
- Residential Outdoor Programs & Rebates
- WaterSaver Patioscape Coupon
- WaterSaver Landscape Coupon
- WaterSaver Rain Sensor Coupon
- WaterSaver Irrigation Consultation
- 7 Steps to Xeriscaping
- Dressed for Success
- WaterSaver Landscape Rebate
- Irrigation Design Rebate
- Pool Filter Rebate
- Rain Harvesting
- Watering Efficiently
- WaterSaver Lane
- WaterSaver Landscape Care Guide
- WaterSaver Plant List
- WaterSaver Newsletter
- Drought-Tolerant Grass Varieties
- Residential Indoor Programs & Rebates
- Commercial Programs & Rebates
- Your Role in Conservation
- Conservation Case Studies
- Calendar of Events
- Request Conservation Information
WaterSaver Landscape Coupon
The application deadline for the summer package expired July 31, 2014. Please check back in September for a new opportunity to apply for a WaterSaver Landscape Coupon package.
Using a plant-by-numbers approach, the WaterSaver Landscape Coupon program simplifies water-wise landscaping by encouraging SAWS residential water customers to replace parts of their traditional lawns with garden beds made up of hardy, drought-tolerant plants.
Each plant package includes 15 drought-tolerant plants, a garden bed plan and a plant care guide. The coupon is intended to cover only a portion of the plant package cost.*
This summer offering runs June 1-July 31, 2014, so apply today! SAWS staff continues to evaluate the program and may revise it at any time.
Program Eligibility & Highlights
- Residential customers must meet these eligibility requirements: (a.) Must be a SAWS water customer. (b.) Must be the homeowner.
- If you have an irrigation system, you must cap the spray heads in the bed area before planting, and by doing so may qualify for a Residential Irrigation Design Rebate.
- Participants can apply online or fill out a paper application (PDF).
- SAWS will mail eligible customers a coupon to be redeemed at partnering nurseries for a portion of the package cost. Allow two weeks from submission to receive your coupon.
- You must apply 1 cubic yard of mulch (organic or crushed granite/rock) around your plants for each 200 square feet of grass removed. (That's roughly 17 standard bags of organic mulch.) You may also make your own mulch with leaves/wood chips or use rock as long as it is 2 inches deep.
- The package is available for grass/turf replacement only. Existing beds are not eligible for this program.
- The bed must be at least 200 contiguous square feet. Customers who remove at least 400 square feet may apply for a maximum of two coupons (per package cycle).
- There are two plant package options: Sun and Shade. Participants will need to pick 15 plants total from three pre-approved plant species lists – seven from one list; seven from another; and one from a third list.
- The WaterSaver Landscape Coupon is only available for the purchase of the plants specified in any given package. No substitution of plants.
- The customer must agree to allow a post-inspection by SAWS staff. Here is the post-inspection checklist.
For more information on this program, contact SAWS Conservation at 210-704-SAVE (7283).
*Nursery partner prices and customer plant selection and size will determine the plant package's final cost. Please feel free to compare prices at participating retailers.
Need the free Adobe® Reader® for PDF files?