- Drought Restrictions
- Residential Outdoor Programs & Rebates
- WaterSaver Patioscape Coupon
- WaterSaver Landscape Coupon
- Irrigation Design Rebate
- WaterSaver Irrigation Consultation
- 7 Steps to Xeriscaping
- Dressed for Success
- Pool Filter Rebate
- Rain Harvesting
- Watering Efficiently
- WaterSaver Lane
- WaterSaver Landscape Care Guide
- Drought-Tolerant Grass Varieties
- Residential Indoor Programs & Rebates
- Commercial Programs & Rebates
- Your Role in Conservation
- Conservation Case Studies
- Calendar of Events
- Request Conservation Information
WaterSaver Landscape Coupon — Fall Coupon
Toss out a portion of your lawn and replace it with a water-saving garden bed. And we'll give you a $100 coupon to do it!
Using a plant-by-numbers approach, the WaterSaver Landscape Coupon program simplifies water-wise landscaping by encouraging SAWS residential water customers to replace parts of their traditional lawns with garden beds made up of hardy, drought-tolerant plants.
The fall plant package includes drought-tolerant 15 trees and 10 shrubs to select from. Customers must pick 7 plants from the approved plant list, a minimum of two 5 gallon trees and five 1 gallon shrubs or trees. Suggested garden bed designs and information on each plant are available on GardenStyleSA.com. The coupon is intended to cover only a portion of the plant package cost.*
This fall offering runs Sept. 1 - October 31, 2016, so apply today! SAWS staff continues to evaluate the program and may revise it at any time.
Program Eligibility & Highlights
- Residential customers must be a SAWS water customer.
- If you have an irrigation system, you must remove all irrigation in the bed area before planting, and by doing so may qualify for a Residential Irrigation Design Rebate.
- Customers with irrigation systems are required to schedule a pre-consult and irrigation checkup to be eligible for a coupon. Call 210-704-SAVE or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule an appointment before making any changes to your irrigation system. Possible rebate opportunities will be discussed at the consultation.
- Participants can apply online or fill out a paper application (PDF).
- SAWS will mail eligible customers a coupon to be redeemed at partnering nurseries for a portion of the package cost. Allow two weeks from submission to receive your coupon.
- The bed must be at least 200 contiguous square feet. Customers who remove at least 400 square feet may apply for a maximum of 2 coupons (per package cycle).
- Customers may only receive a maximum of 8 total redeemed coupons (both WaterSaver Landscape and Patioscape combined) per service address. Customers who have redeemed 8 total coupons are no longer eligible for this program.
- You must apply 1 cubic yard of mulch (organic or crushed granite/rock) around your plants for each 200 square feet of grass removed. (That's roughly 17 standard bags of organic mulch.) You may also make your own mulch with leaves/wood chips or use rock as long as it is 2 inches deep.
- The package is available for grass/turf replacement only. Existing beds are not eligible for this program.
- Customers must pick 7 plants from the approved plant list, a minimum of two 5 gallon trees and five 1 gallon shrubs or trees. Customers are responsible for verifying sun and watering requirements for plants.
- The WaterSaver Landscape Coupon is only available for the purchase of the plants from the list. No substitution of plants.
- SAWS does not guarantee plant health. Please consult your nursery professionals and Garden Style San Antonio for water, sun and maintenance needs.
- The customer must agree to allow a post-inspection by SAWS staff. Here is the post-inspection checklist.
For more information on this program, contact SAWS Conservation at 210-704-SAVE (7283) or email email@example.com.
*Nursery partner prices and customer plant selection and size will determine the plant package's final cost. Please feel free to compare prices at participating retailers. The coupon will only cover a portion of the cost of the plants.
Need the free Adobe® Reader® for PDF files?