- Paying Your Bill
- Welcome New Customers
- Service Contacts & Payment Locations
- Do-It-Yourself Repairs
- Plumbing Backed Up?
- Water & Sewer Rates
- Affordability Programs
- Water Pressure
Programa de Cobranza para Imposibilitados
San Antonio Water System customers who receive monthly federal Supplemental Security Income (SSI) for disabilities may apply for a time extension in which to pay their utility bills. Due dates for qualified, disabled residential customers may be extended to 25 days from the normal 15 days, effectively providing these customers with an additional 10 days to pay their bills without incurring late-payment penalties.
This program is applicable only to the customer's principal residence and requires annual recertification.
- Must be disabled.
- Must be a SAWS residential water and/or sewer customer.
- Must receive Supplemental Security Income (SSI) from Social Security Administration.
- Must not be enrolled in SAWS pre-authorized electronic payment plan.
How to Apply
Any person wishing to apply must complete an application and provide certification that they are receiving SSI benefits from the Social Security Administration (SSA).
Below is a brief description of the three choices:
- Social Security Administration Notification of Award Letter.
- Social Security Administration, Third Party Query (TPQY).
- Social Security Administration Consent for Release of Information Form.
Applications are available at any SAWS Customer Service center, or by
calling 210-233-CARE (2273).
Please mail application to SAWS:
Attention: Disability Billing Program
2800 U.S. Hwy. 281 North
P.O Box 2449
San Antonio, Texas 78298-2449
Customers may fax completed applications along with supporting documentation
For questions concerning affordability options, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Need the free Adobe® Reader® for PDF files? Click here.