- Contract Solicitations
- Procurement Bids
- Construction & Materials Specifications
- Developer Resources
- Contractors\Plumbers List
- Clearing and Grading Ordinance
- Cross-Connection Control and Backflow Prevention Program
- Fire Hydrant Meter Rates
- Flatrate Sewer Program
- Impact Fees
- Modeling Criteria Guidelines
- New Service
- Specifications for New Development
- TxDOT Utility Installation Requests
- Utility Service Regulations
- Well Permit Forms
- Design Resources
- SMWB at SAWS
- Bidder, Consultant and Vendor Registration
Important Notice Regarding Impact Fees
|Download Impact Fee
Notice of Impact
The San Antonio Water System (SAWS) impact fee rates will be updated to reflect the phased increase of the water supply fee from $1590 to $2796 per EDU. This change is in accordance with City of San Antonio Ordinance: 2014-05-29-0363. The ordinance authorized the update and amendments to the Land Use Assumption Plan, Capital Improvements Plan, and the SAWS Impact Fees by Service Category. The increased water supply fee will be set on June 1, 2015.
Summary of New Impact Fee Rates – Effective June 1, 2015
(Impact Fees are shown per EDU)
The determination of whether current impact fees or the new impact fees will be charged for service to a particular property is based on the date of plat recordation. In accordance with current state law, the impact fees in effect at the time the plat is recorded are the fees that will be charged. An individual may also pay current impact fees for a property prior to plat recordation under the following conditions:
- All impact fees are paid prior to the effective date of the new impact fees
- If the plat is a major plat and approved by the Planning Commission
- If the plat is a minor plat and executed by the Director of Development Service
- Impact fees are assessed based on specified number of water and sewer EDUs related to the plat
If you have any questions concerning the pending impact fee change, please do not hesitate to contact me at 210-233-3742, or Bob Johnson at 210-233-3493.
For more information, download Notice of Impact Fee Update. (PDF)
Current Impact Fees
An impact fee is a one-time charge imposed on new development to help recover capital costs associated with providing the infrastructure and other required improvements to provide service to that new development.
- Impact Fee Statement Request Form Adobe PDF - 202 KB
For more information on SAWS impact fees, complete with maps of water and wastewater service areas and levels, download the following files in Adobe PDF format.
- Final Report - 5 MB
- Map: Water Impact Fee Service Areas - 756 KB
- Map: Water Service Areas - 753 KB
- Map: Wastewater Impact Fee Service Areas - 363 KB
- Map: Wastewater Service Area - 210 KB
- Impact Fees by Meter Size Chart - 26 KB
- Previous SAWS & District Special Project (formerly BexarMet) Impact Fees - 541 KB
Capital Improvements Advisory Committee Meetings
The Capital Improvements Advisory Committee met in 2013-2014 to update the impact fees, in accordance with Chapter 395 of the Texas Local Government Code.
Next or most recent CIAC meeting:
Questions regarding impact fees may be submitted to
Mains & Services at 210-233-2009.
Need the free Adobe® Reader® for PDF files?