- Drought Restrictions
- Outdoor Conservation Programs & Rebates
- Indoor Programs & Rebates
- Commercial Programs & Rebates
- Large-Scale Retrofit Rebate
- Toilet Rebate Program
- Certified WaterSaver Program: Restaurants
- Irrigation Consultation Design Rebate
- Commercial Cooling Tower Audit
- Certified WaterSaver Program: Car Washes
- Power Washing
- Rain Sensors
- Charity Car Washes
- Irrigation Checkup
- Drought-Tolerant Grass Varieties
- Conservation Case Studies
- Calendar of Events
- Request Conservation Information
Commercial Irrigation Design Rebate
Make improvements to your current irrigation system and receive a rebate to help cover the cost.
Through our Commercial Irrigation Design Rebate, SAWS conservation consultants will work with your irrigator to help identify design flaws in your irrigation system that, if changed, can result in water savings and healthier landscapes. This rebate (up to $6,000) is designed to offset a portion of your irrigation system redesign costs.
Who is Eligible?
Existing commercial customers who receive water service from San Antonio Water System.
Terms of the Rebate:
A maximum of $6,000 for any combination of options, depending on the number of zones converted or capped, and if irrigation remains at or below a personalized schedule for water use over a one-year period. Only existing systems are eligible for rebates.
All customers approved to receive the first installment of their rebate will be given the final installment if they meet the water use requirements, even if the program is discontinued prior to the final rebate installment.
Procedures to Follow:
- Must submit a brief pre-application to the SAWS Conservation Department.
- A conservation consultant will be assigned to your project and call you to schedule a site visit. Your irrigator must be present and can make the appointment for you. The same conservation consultant will follow your project throughout the rebate process.
- Have a licensed irrigator complete the work.
- Once the installation of the redesigned system has been completed, submit a final rebate application and include information on work performed along with original receipts.
- Your conservation consultant will conduct a final inspection, including work completed and irrigation controller scheduling.
- Upon the final inspection and application approval, SAWS will credit your water bill with the initial installment of 50 percent of the total approved rebate.
- If your water use remains at or below the watering recommendations for a period of one year, the final installment of the remaining 50 percent of the eligible rebate will be applied to your account.
- You will receive monthly recommendations based on your unique property so you may compare actual water use to SAWS recommendations, which are based on actual weather conditions including any restrictions.
What is Eligible?
The following may be done on each zone of your system, but the maximum total rebate payment per property is $6,000.
|$600||Disabling entire system||The removal of the irrigation meter, backflow device, backflow box, all valves and valve boxes, including the master valve and the controller; cutting the "T" connection and capping snugly to the mainline.|
|$400||Capping a zone||The removal and capping of an existing zone valve.
|$300||Converting a pop-up spray zone to drip/bubblers||The conversion of a zone that is currently irrigated by a pop-up spray or rotor irrigation system.
|$200||per island for conversion||
Sprays to bubbler.
|$150||Splitting a zone to beds and turf or capping 1/2 the zone||
|$100||Quick coupler installation||Per quick coupler installed.|
|$100||Conversion of spray to multi-stream nozzles in turf zones||Conversion of existing turf zone from spray to multi-stream, rotating heads.|