- Drought Restrictions
- Residential Outdoor Programs & Rebates
- Residential Indoor Programs & Rebates
- Commercial Programs & Rebates
- Commercial Custom Rebate
- Toilet Rebate Program
- Certified WaterSaver Program: Restaurants
- Irrigation Consultation Design Rebates
- Commercial Cooling Tower Audit
- Certified WaterSaver Program: Car Washes
- Power Washing
- Charity Car Washes
- Irrigation Checkup
- Drought-Tolerant Grass Varieties
- Conservation Case Studies
- Calendar of Events
- Request Conservation Information
Commercial Toilet Retrofit Program – Ends Nov. 1
Eliminate those old water guzzling toilets and add savings to your company's water bills. After 16 years, program ends Nov. 1, 2014!
Your company can save water and money with the San Antonio Water System (SAWS) Commercial Toilet Retrofit Programs.
Replace old, high-water use residential- and industrial-style toilets with new high-efficiency toilets.
SAWS Commercial Water Customers replacing high flow toilets installed prior to 1992.
What types of toilets are available?
Note: All toilets come with seat, wax ring and mounting hardware.
Residential Style Toilets
Residential style toilets are gravity flush, tank type toilets typically found in residential settings. Residential style toilets are available in round front, elongated and Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) Compliant models. All residential style toilets are floor mount, floor discharge models.
Industrial Flush Valve Toilets
In an Industrial Flush Valve Toilet, water flows under pressure from the supply piping directly into the fixture. Because Industrial Flush Valves are directly connected to supply lines, repeat operation is faster than the refilling process in tank-type toilets. The pressurized flush from an Industrial Flush Valve also produces a more powerful, cleansing flush. Industrial Flush Valve Toilets are available in standard height and ADA
ADA and Elongated
Residential and industrial style ADA Compliant toilets will be provided where high flow ADA Compliant toilets previously existed or where a need has been established and properly documented. Residential style elongated toilets will only be provided where required by local plumbing code.
What steps are involved?
- Identify the type and number of fixtures you are retrofitting.
- Complete the paper application (PDF) and mail it to SAWS by Nov. 1, 2014. The application must be postmarked by Nov. 1, 2014 to be considered.
- Be prepared to allow a SAWS Representative to conduct a pre-retrofit inspection.
- Upon approval by SAWS, you will be authorized to pick up your new fixtures from a SAWS authorized location. SAWS will arrange free delivery for orders of 10 or more toilets. At the discretion of SAWS, applicants may be eligible for assistance with the cost of installation. Such assistance is not a guaranteed part of the program and is wholly dependent on a cost-benefit analysis conducted only by SAWS.
- Complete all retrofits within 90 days of delivery, and notify SAWS upon completion.
- Be prepared to allow a SAWS Representative to conduct a post-retrofit inspection.
Download and Send Us Your Application:
Commerical Toilet Retrofit Program Application 141 KB
Adobe Acrobat PDF
Complete the simple application and send it to:
SAWS Conservation Toilet Retrofit Program
P. O. Box 2449
San Antonio,TX 78298 -2449
Need the free Adobe® Reader® for PDF files?