- Drought Restrictions
- Residential Outdoor Programs & Rebates
- WaterSaver Landscape Coupon
- 7 Steps to Xeriscaping
- Dressed for Success
- WaterSaver Landscape Rebate
- Irrigation Design Rebate
- Pool Filter Rebate
- Rain Harvesting
- Watering Efficiently
- WaterSaver Lane
- WaterSaver Landscape Care Guide
- WaterSaver Plant List
- WaterSaver Newsletter
- Drought-Tolerant Grass Varieties
- Residential Indoor Programs & Rebates
- Commercial Programs & Rebates
- Your Role in Conservation
- Conservation Case Studies
- Calendar of Events
- Request Conservation Information
WaterSaver Landscape Rebate
The WaterSaver Landscape Rebate program ended March 1, 2014. All applications for this program must be postmarked by March 1 to be considered. Please learn about our other residential outdoor programs, such as:
Create a colorful WaterSaver Landscape while saving a lot of green.
Under the WaterSaver Landscape Rebate program (ends March 1, 2014), SAWS customers can earn up to $400 in rebates that still allow for colorful, lush landscapes while reducing water usage.
WaterSaver Landscape Rebate Requirements:
- The entire landscape must meet the requirements.
- No more than 50 percent of the landscape may be planted in turf. Turf can be Bermuda, buffalo or zoysia varieties only (no St. Augustine).
- A minimum of 4 inches of soil must be present under turf.
- Shrubs and flowers must be selected from an extensive plant list approved by SAWS.
- If a permanent irrigation system is installed, it must pass a free Irrigation Checkup performed by SAWS to receive a rebate.
- A minimum of one shade tree selected from an approved tree list for lots less than 6,000 sq. ft. and two shade trees in larger lots are required. With any luck you'll have existing trees on your lot. They count, so protect them if you can.
- No more than 5 percent of your landscape may be planted in annuals or unapproved plants (including vegetables).
Apply for a Rebate
- Complete your WaterSaver Landscape.
- Fill out the application and return to:
SAWS Conservation – WaterSaver Landscape Rebate
P.O. Box 2449
San Antonio, TX 78298-2449
- A conservation staff member will phone you to schedule an appointment for a conservation field technician to inspect your landscape.
- If you have an irrigation system, you must sign up for the WaterSaver newsletter in order to be eligible for the gift certificate and any future bonus rebates.
- Receive a $100 gift certificate to a local participating nursery.
Earn more rebates!
Once your landscape is approved, you will receive information in the mail on how you can earn an additional bonus rebate based on actual water savings for your particular lot size. Counting the initial $100 gift certificate, customers can earn up to $400 in total. For more details on the bonus rebate, click here.
Need some ideas for your next landscape project?
Check out these great resources: