With this option, you pay a plumber of your choice to make repairs and SAWS will provide a reimbursement to you to cover eligible expenses.
This option may be best for you if:
- You know or have access to a trusted plumber you’ve used before.
- You don’t mind paying the plumber yourself and waiting 4-6 weeks for a rebate.
Note: This option may help you get the work done more quickly than a SAWS-contracted plumber, depending on availability of your own plumber.
Before applying, review these requirements to see if you are likely to be approved:
- Single-family home valued at $140,000 or less in the 2019 Bexar County tax appraisal.
- Single-family home valued over $140,000 if the resident meets income requirements (based on the number of adults and children living in the home and total household income).
- Renters are eligible but must provide a copy of the SAWS CPR Program Permission and Waiver of Damages signed by the property owner.
- Apply online for fastest processing.
- Call us at 210-233-FIXX (3499) if you need help (English or Spanish).
- We’ll need your email address so we can contact you about the status of your application.
- We’ll also need your phone number in case we need more information.
- Missing information on you application may cause delays in processing.
You must apply for the program and receive verification of eligibility before you submit any reimbursement paperwork to SAWS. DIY work or work not completed by a licensed plumber is not eligible for rebate.
What to expect after you complete the application
- We will send you an email within 3 days from firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm your eligibility.
- If no email address was provided, we will call you within 5 days.
To receive the limited rebate:
- Hire a licensed plumber. Please read this fact sheet for tips on selecting a plumber. Be very careful when deciding who to hire. Scammers sometimes use natural disasters like this one to take advantage of vulnerable victims.
- Submit your invoice or receipt to SAWS for reimbursement.
Submitting Required Documentation
- Be certain that your name and address are on or with the invoice.
- Make sure all required information (listed below) is on the invoice so your reimbursement is not slowed down by the need for a new invoice.
- If you send original invoices, they will not be returned to you.
- We will not process invoices for customers whose applications have not been approved.
All of the following must be typed or written neatly on the plumbing invoice you submit:
- Name of customer.
- Address of home getting plumbing repair.
- Plumbing company name, address and phone number.
- Plumber name and license number.
- List of the problem or problems repaired. This should include the location of burst pipe, such as in wall, connected to water heater, etc.
- Line Item Costs: Must list hourly rate and hours worked. Also must list parts used and cost of parts.
SAWS reserves the right to request more information from the plumber, and to request a site visit to check work before reimbursement rebate is processed.
Submit documentation via email to email@example.com.
San Antonio Water System
Attention: Community Pipe Repair Program
2800 Hwy 281 N.
San Antonio Texas 78212
Receiving Your Reimbursement
- The reimbursement will be issued in the form of a check mailed to the applicant at the address provided on the application.
- If the property owner is the applicant, the owner will receive the check. If the renter is the applicant (and has documentation of the owner’s permission), the renter will get the check.
- It may take 4-6 weeks to issue a check once the reimbursement submission is approved.
- Reimbursement Amount Maximum: No reimbursement will be more than $1,500 per home.
- Work must have been completed on or after Feb. 17, 2021.
- The reimbursement will not be more than the total paid for eligible services.
- Labor costs covered in the rebate will be limited to $92/hour (even if the plumber charged you more).
For more information, please read the Frequently Asked Questions.