Need to know where your pipes underground are located?
If you are excavating, drilling and/or boring you must obtain a SAWS' locate to determine underground infrastructure. SAWS will provide location information about underground infrastructure through maps or locating with physical markers, etc.
To request a locate, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please provide the following pertinent information:
- Contractor/customer name, point of contact, phone numbers, email address, etc.)
- Verify location of work (street, parkway, front, side, rear, alley, easement, etc.)
- Work being done for: (company name, etc.)
- Note: Area of excavation must be white-lined.
- If you are a contractor and are requesting extensive/lengthy locates for multiple locations:
- Submit by area for every block/500’
- Provide a physical address per block
- Identify the starting and ending point.
- Attach pictures, map drawing to email.
Please allow 2 to 7 business days for locates requesting pipe location markers. Residential locates are only marked to the meter box, no locate on private property will be made.
Notice: If SAWS clearance or physical markers are not obtained, contractors and excavators will be held liable for damages; please contact SAWS ASAP via email email@example.com before you dig.