San Antonio Water System will soon begin testing the wastewater system over the Edwards Aquifer Recharge Zone.
SAWS will host two public meetings to discuss smoke testing:
- Tuesday, July 30 at 6:30 p.m. at Parman Library, 20735 Wilderness Oak
- Wednesday, July 31 at 6:30 p.m. at John Igo Library, 13330 Kyle Seale Parkway.
The purpose of this project, which includes lateral lines located on private property, is to identify potential defects.
SAWS has hired a contractor, Burgess & Niple, Inc., to perform the smoke testing.
What to expect:
- Door hangers will be placed at homes before testing begins.
- Contractors will open manholes in streets and easements and use a non-toxic smoke to locate breaks and defects.
- You do not need to be home for testing to occur.
- Contractors will not enter your home, but they may temporarily access your yard, and securing your pets may be necessary for a short period.
If no lateral defects are found, smoke will come out of sewer vents on the roof of your home.
If defects are found, you may see smoke coming out in your yard. A door hanger will be left on your door with additional information.
SAWS remains committed to providing reliable and affordable water and wastewater services. Protecting water quality is part of that goal.
If you have questions or concerns, please contact Byron Gipson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your patience and cooperation.