This section provides you detailed information, tools and resources to assist you in understanding and accessing the wide variety of benefits offered to SAWS employees.
If you need further information regarding your plans, please contact the Human Resources Benefits Office at 210-233-2025.
SAWS will continue to offer a choice of two medical plans, the PPO Economy and the EPO Plus, along with dental and vision coverage provided by UnitedHealthcare.
There will be no changes to medical plans and no increases to premiums for either plan. Also, the spouse premium surcharge will remain at $150 per month ($75/paycheck).
What is changing for active employees?
- OptumRx, a UnitedHealthcare Company, will manage the pharmacy benefit starting Jan. 1, 2023.
- The maximum rollover amount of unused Flexible Spending Account (FSA) funds for 2023 will be 20 percent of the healthcare FSA maximum contribution limit.
- Unused dependent care FSA funds will not roll over to 2023.
- You must actively enroll in an account for 2023 to continue your FSA election.
- Wellness Reward hours for preventative exams will continue. You will be able to earn up to 12 hours of leave for your participation.
- Real Appeal Weight Loss Program will continue. This program is available to eligible employees and their dependents who are 18 years and older.
Visit the Benefits page on the employee intranet. There, you’ll find all the detailed information, tools and resources you need to understand your benefits and make any changes.