Go Above and Beyond
Whether you enjoy working with your hands on the front lines with work crews, or prefer to work on a team behind the scenes in a corporate environment, SAWS provides training, learning opportunities and performance solutions to help employees enhance their skills and guide their careers.
We encourage all employees to seek training, tools and the advice needed to be successful in achieving their career goals.
Learning about SAWS
A great place to work provides its employees the opportunity to learn. Learning begins day one at SAWS with:
- Employee Orientation: a presentation of benefits, our mission, vision and values, company culture and organizational structure
- Follow-up orientation featuring speakers conducting short presentations on different areas within SAWS to provide an overall review of the utility
- A tour of facilities, allowing employees to learn about some of SAWS’ most innovative programs
Training & Development
SAWS employees are constantly learning and growing in knowledge and professional growth. Our employees have a wide range of experience, background and expertise, which makes on-the-job training successful.
Our success is directly linked to the growth and performance of our employees. SAWS offers employees a variety of programs and courses to help grow them proficiently and professionally:
- Generous tuition reimbursement program
- Leadership and professional development programs
- Ongoing coaching from management
- Online learning courses available 24/7
- New and challenging assignments
- Internal and external training classes
- Job-related licensing and certification assistance
- Functional programs that teach job-specific skills and knowledge