San Antonio Water System ensures you always have a safe, reliable and quality supply of water at every turn of the tap. If you’re interested in learning more about the source of your drinking water and where it goes, well, “after the flush,” join SAWS Education for The Rain to Drain Experience field trip for adults.
During this fully immersive day-long expedition, lasting from 9 a.m. – 5 p.m., you will travel to places few people have ever visited. You will explore an Edwards Aquifer recharge cave, experience the inner workings of a SAWS water production facility and tour a water recycling center.
Ready to seek out a new adventure? Click the button below to reserve your spot.
*Custom field experience may be available for groups of 10 or more. Please email our field educator to learn more: Heather.Ginsburg@saws.org
Important Field Experience Information:
- Registration is required, and there is a maximum of 30 guests per experience.
- The field experience is free for Bexar County residents ages 18 and older. Unfortunately, we cannot accommodate anyone under the age of 18.
- SAWS reserves the right to cancel an experience at any time due to attendance, weather or security reasons.
- The experience involves walking for short distances (less than .5 miles) on uneven pathways at Stone Oak Park and some SAWS facilities.
- SAWS will provide charter transportation to all locations.
- If special accommodations are required, please make note on your registration.
- SAWS will provide a free breakfast and lunch to attendees. If special dietary needs are required, please make note on your registration form.
- Bring a reusable water bottle for the day.