The Rain to Drain Experience
San Antonio Water System ensures you always have a safe, reliable and quality supply of water at every turn of the tap. If you’re interested in learning more about the source of your drinking water and where it goes, well,”after the flush,” join SAWS Education for The Rain to Drain Experience field trip for adults.
During this day-long expedition, you will travel to places few people have ever visited. You will explore an Edwards Aquifer recharge cave, experience the inner workings of a SAWS water production facility and tour a water recycling plant.
The field trip, lasting from 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m., is free to Bexar County residents 18 years and older. Lunch is provided. To sign up, fill out the Rain to Drain registration form.
After you submit your registration, you will be sent detailed information, including directions and a map to the meeting place.
The Rain to Drain Experience – 2019 Schedule:
- Saturday, Jan. 19
- Saturday, Feb. 16
- Friday, March 22
- Saturday, April 13
- Saturday, May 25
- Saturday, Sept. 7
- Saturday, Oct. 19
- Friday, Nov. 8
- Saturday, Dec. 7
Important Field Trip Information:
- Registration is required, and there is a maximum of 50 guests per trip.
- The field trip is free for Bexar County residents ages 18 and older. Unfortunately, we cannot accommodate anyone under the age of 18.
- SAWS reserves the right to cancel a trip at any time due to attendance, weather or security reasons.
- The trip involves walking for short distances (less than .5 miles) on uneven pathways at Stone Oak Park and some SAWS facilities.
- SAWS will provide charter transportation to all locations.
- If special accommodations are required, please make note on your registration.
- SAWS will provide a free lunch to attendees. If special dietary needs are required, please make note on your registration form. And naturally, SAWS will provide water for your enjoyment throughout the day.
|Need the free Adobe® Reader® for PDF files? Click here.|