Planning for Our Future
Long-term planning (2040 – 2070) requires SAWS to make water supply and water use projections based on the best information available today.
SAWS will continue to evaluate new technology and new information such as population growth, water demand and the changing water regulatory setting with an eye toward securing our water future.
Some conceptual solutions to address that supply gap include:
- Expansion of brackish groundwater desalination
- Additional ASR capacity or ASR operations
- New conservation paradigms
Long Term Projects
- Expansion of Local Carrizo production
- Expansion of Brackish Groundwater Desal, beyond phase I
- Expansion of Direct Non-Potable Reuse
- Exploring Direct Potable Reuse options