The 2021 Operating Budget and Capital Improvement Program will allow the utility to continue providing high quality water, wastewater, recycled water and chilled water services at reasonable costs, while also maintaining a healthy financial position.
Some of the key objectives of this budget are to:
- Sustain the delivery of affordable water and wastewater services in 2021 without any increases in rates as the community moves beyond the COVID-19 pandemic into recovery.
- Provide for a full year of water delivery from the Vista Ridge pipeline project.
- Maintain infrastructure to ensure reliability of service and compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Continue to implement technological advancements in order to increase productivity, enhance customer interactions and safeguard SAWS’ assets.
- Ensure employee pay and benefits remain fair and competitive while retirement obligations are adequately funded.
- Balance the need for strong financial metrics and the maintenance of credit ratings with the affordability of our services.