The annual budget process is an effort to strike the appropriate balance between ensuring that rates remain affordable for SAWS customers and ensuring the ongoing operational and financial integrity of the organization.
The 2020 Proposed Operating Budget and Capital Improvement Program will allow the utility to continue providing high quality water, wastewater, recycled water and chilled water services at reasonable costs, while also maintaining a healthy financial position.
Some of the key objectives of this budget are to:
- Provide for the initiation of water delivery from the Vista Ridge Pipeline project.
- Maintain infrastructure to ensure reliability of service and compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Ensure that employee pay and benefits remain fair and competitive while retirement obligations are adequately funded.
- Continue to implement technological advancements in order to increase productivity and enhance customer interactions.
- Balance the need for strong financial metrics and the maintenance of credit ratings with the affordability of our services.